Cosplay WIP - assorted
A bunch of stuff is now actually looking ‘done’-ish which means… more photos!
All the sewing on the kimono and obi for Duskull is FINISHED. Incidentally, it is really hard to put a dressform in a kimono, particularly one intended for someone slightly smaller than the dressform goes.
The frosting on my space halo (which is a Rustoleum spray-on thing) came out really nicely, which leaves figuring out how exactly I’m attaching it to myself. Probably either a headband or nice sturdy hairpin run through a hole in the middle. I also spent some time cleaning up yesterday’s pile of random plastic bits to… slightly nicer plastic bits? I’ll glue it all together tomorrow, probably. And I sanded and painted the claw decorations for Snorlax - I left them fairly rough on-purpose, because I thought it gave them a more ‘organic’ feel. Not sure my split-rings are big enough, but I can buy some bigger ones.
Last but not least, the whiteboard I’ve been writing down costume notes on - it finally got full enough crossing things off that I went and erased everything that was done, which makes my lists look very tiny.
Cosplay WIP - various
Have I been too busy crafting to actually post photos of said crafting? Yes I have. The upside is that I’ve gotten a ton done in the last week and a half or so.
Top row is current state of my Snorlax (just need to put ties on the hakama and add the claws!) and a Duskull kimono I’m making for Andy. The lining on the latter wasn’t sitting right so I went and pulled it out today to realign it.
Sollux glasses took like fifteen minutes once my transparent vinyl showed up, not counting the hour I spent looking for the tiny, tiny nut I’d dropped on the floor of my room. Quick cosplay test… sometime? When I remember before like 10pm maybe.
The version of the X belt-buckle I wore to CAPE, which was way better than my previous ones, but still has room for improvement - I mixed too much of the bronze XTC 3D and than panicked when it started setting early and sort of glopped it all over the other pieces, which made them ugly and lumpy which is why they are not appearing here. I also made the loops for the belt too small, so there is another giant pile of plastic bits that are going to be the new and improved version. I also freehand-sculpted my claws for Snorlax out of some Free-Form Air, and I’ll probably sand them tomorrow if the weather is okay enough for working outside.
Cosplay WIP - assorted
Posting so that maybe it will give me a sense of accomplishment instead of a sense of terror? I think the arrival of my Dharma supplies brought with it a wave of ‘oh shit what am I doing’.
Anyway. Kimono top and haori for Snorlax are nearly done - they both need some handstitching and I need to thread the cording and ‘claws’ through the jump rings on the sleeves. The messy pile of plastic bits is me crying inside over these stupid X-Factor belts - I’m really really trying to get Shatterstar’s done to wear to CAPE on Saturday. And first coat of red on my sandals for Matron of Space, which looks… really good, actually.
Stuff I’ve been working on in the last few days, in between dealing with car stuff and doing room-painting for a friend of the family so I actually have money for all this shit
- Captor horns! With streaks of ‘I didn’t knead this enough’ which explains why they still felt slightly sticky two days later, but they sanded okay
- Giant pile of belts for X-Factor outfits with pinnedtogether, dyed and sealed
- Huge oval cloak for Matron of Space cut out and hemmed, though I still need to do the hood
- Shiny silver lame ribbon for the waist tie! I need to seal the ends still though