Black Queen - WIP
The velvet nightmare I’ve mentioned occasionally, but haven’t posted any photos of because GOD is it a pain in the butt to wrestle onto my dressform. At some point (probably once I have photos of the finished product) I’ll write up a post about the inspirations behind this and some of the patterning process. Suffice to say the top portion of the dress took like three tries to draft properly before I got to dealing with the velvet, and the sleeves still aren’t right but I don’t have the energy to make them again from scratch.
I got some lovely red-black silk in the mail from Silk Baron today, but unfortunately failed to get enough to do a full cascade overskirt out of, so I’m playing around with other fabric I have to see what I can come up with.