Cosplay WIP - Ear Fins Step 1
I spent the weekend hanging out with pinnedtogether in person (a rare occurrence, we live a full timezone apart), and we worked on costumes and watched anime and all that good shit. She helped me finally make casts of my ears, because after one solo try I realized I needed a second pair of hands. I’m going to clean up the plaster casts and then cast the clean versions in plastic, which I can then mold earfins for Garfit and some custom eartips for a friend on. I thought it was cool how much detail the alginate and plaster pick up - you can see the indents where my piercing holes are, and the complete outline of the pieces of cellophane tape I used to cover up the larger holes in my left ear (I have an industrial piercing and I didn’t want alginate running through my ear). The missing chunk of right ear is just a bubble in the plaster, though - my earlobe is very average.
(pictures from pinnedtogether, who at least was kind enough to not take of me flopped on her kitchen floor waiting for the alginate to set)